Juggling work, school and after-school activities doesn't leave much time for car repairs. The upcoming extra demand and wear and tear on your car also makes this a good time for maintenance. While you get back-to-school ready, add your car to list and check off these items:
- Emergency Kit: Be prepared. A kit can contain items such as a first-aid kit, flashlight, extra batteries, rain poncho, rags, jumper cables, tire gauge, multipurpose utility tool and extra food and water.
- Check Fluids: Simple prevention can help keep you on the road. Check all fluid levels, including oil, coolant, transmission fluid and brake fluid.
- Battery: Is the date on your battery more than two years old? If so, Consumer Reports suggests having your battery checked every two to three years and having your complete charging system checked once a year.
- Tires: Refer to the tire information placard, which is usually located on your driver's front door jamb, for your car's recommended tire pressure. Use a tire pressure gauge and check when tires are cold (not driven for two to three hours). Visually inspect your tires for nails, damage, bulging and uneven tread wear. It's also a good time to make sure your spare tire is inflated.
- Lights: Check that all lights are in good working order, including headlights, turn signals, brake lights and emergency flashing lights.
Whether you're in Sarasota or Bradenton Jiffy Lube have convenient locations serving these areas offering premium oil change services. If you're looking for a cheap, convenient and trustworthy oil change Jiffy Lube is here to help!
Be sure to check out our coupons at https://sarasota.jiffylube.com/coupons for some cheap deals!